The XILS 3 offers (Full version and Limited Edition) :
- Three aliasing-free oscillators : sine, ramp, square, triangle.
- One 2/4 poles low pass filter
- One envelope, based on two different designs, trapezoid and ADSR
- One spring reverb
- One ring modulator.
- One 128 steps sequencer
- two output static filters
- One joy stick
- Three connection matrix
- One input gate
- One input envelope follower
- One pitch tracker
- One transient tracker
- Mono/Unison/Polyphonic playing mode, up to 18 voices of polyphony
- all parameters MIDI controllable
- Many presets made by famous sound designers (Kevin Lamb, Chris Pitman, Cliff Douse, to name but a few )
The full version adds following features :
- New modules : Two envelopes, 1 MIDI synced LFO, 1 MIDI synced S&H, 1 Voltage Processor (for increasing the modulation shapes)
- New sources and destinations for the matrix : A menu allows a wide range of destinations or sources, without increasing to much the matrix size.
- Matrix Pins : 4 different colors for four different amounts and new sort of pin for inverting the signal.
- New sequencer features : mouse editing, three independant sustain times, ....
- More to come in the following months ...
Warning : the XILS 3 is not a stand alone application, but a plug-in to be inserted into a music software application.
free mac VST host : http://arne.knup.de/?page_id=32
free windows VST host : http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm
The XILS 3 is available with the following formats (32 and 64 bits):
- Mac OSX 10.3.9 and later : VST, Audio Unit, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later),AAX (32&64 bits, native)
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 ; VST, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later),AAX (32&64 bits, native)