Another Serial Problem

Oxium related support and issues : Find workaround, install tips or reports problems you could have using Oxium

Another Serial Problem

Postby Paj » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:39 am

Hello, all!
I recently purchased Oxium as part of the XchangeMarket Virtual Instrument bundle and it appears to be a great sounding synth BUT . . .
. . . the provided serial number doesn't authorize the synth. As a matter of fact, it's not even accepted; instead, my browser opens up to the Oxium page on the website. I tried contacting XILS-Lab at least three times via the "Contact Us" form on the website but all that happens is that I get a "Message Delivery Failure - Mail Delivery System" message in my email inbox. I did, however, receive a sales bulletin for new XILS-Lab products after about a week (Even if they were offering me a Ferrari, wouldn't it be sort of silly and bogus knowing I couldn't get the keys and the title?). Yesterday the "Contact Us" link on the Support dropdown would not even function! I grow more and more frustrated, especially since Oxium is advertised everywhere as being protected only by "a simple serial." I did reply to sales@xils-labs.com with a request for a functioning serial but got no reply. I tried the advice in the "[Solved] Serial problem" thread, below, to no avail. It's going on the second week, and It's turning out to be a nightmare and the most drawn out authorization in recent memory. I have to thank Xavier for activating me for this user's group, which appears to be THE place to get XILS-Lab help.

So:
(1) Oxium starts but the authorization/serial number immediately appears. There is no menu function but the virtual keyboard does function with a mouse and produce sound.
(2) When I enter the serial number provided by XchangeMarket, it initially (before following the steps in the "[Solved] Serial problem" thread) resulted in a loop in which the number simply disappeared but now (after following the steps in the "[Solved] Serial problem" thread) opens my browser and the Oxium webpage. Again, the virtual keyboard, but nothing else, functions.

I am using Reaper as the host on a Windows10 PC.

In advance, thanks for your replies.
Sincerely,
Paj
8^(
Paj

Re: Another Serial Problem

Postby Paj » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:55 pm

OK---seriously: No response in over a year. All I'm asking for is help getting a serial that authorizes a product that I legally purchased. No problem getting news letters or sales pitches---just no luck getting help.

Paj
8^)
Paj

Re: Another Serial Problem

Postby Paj » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:10 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED! I finally got through the "Contact Us" barrier (new website/host) and had the problem solved within a day. Xavier sent got me registered and sent me my new serial number and, voila---up and running. Very happy to have Oxium working and very surprised at the actual level of performance, features, patches, and sound-quality for Oxium. I should actually be p*ssed for being deprived of it for a year but, heck, I'm having fun now! I'll have to give those other XILS rave reviews a second reading.

Thanks again, Xavier.

Paj
8^)
Paj

Return to Oxium support