Using octaves above and below the plugins keyboard.

XILS V+ related support and issues : Find workaround, install tips or reports problems you could have using the XILS V+

Using octaves above and below the plugins keyboard.

Postby Futureline » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Just a question about moving the octaves with a midikeyboard:
On all the other softsynths I have, I can move up or down several octaves on the midikeyboard, to play the octaves not visible on the plugin, but on this plugin that is not possible, are you aware of this?

I would think this is an simple error to correct on a later release, but if it's supposed to be like this, I guess I'll get the answer here. :)
Futureline

Re: Using octaves above and below the plugins keyboard.

Postby Lotuzia » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:39 am

Hi Futurelijne,

Well, the V+ will not play on 9 octaves, it has the limitations the original machine had. You can transpose it though.

With 49 voices true polyphony, extending the Octave range would have been hard for the CPU , and maybe, also, its hard to emulate .... something that doesnt exist -on the original machine- ( So who knows hows the voices would have been due to sound like in the very high, or low, octaves. )

Anyway, the available range, added to the transpose utility, we think of as comfortable, and enough to build great tracks :)

LtZ
Lotuzia

Re: Using octaves above and below the plugins keyboard.

Postby Futureline » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Ok, thank you,- so it was a limitation that was intended,- fair enough. :)

I'm just used to have the option on other plugins, so I thought it was a common thing.
Futureline

Using octaves above and below the plugins keyboard

Postby Stanleyor » Fri May 06, 2016 5:57 am

I could try it on a different pc I have steam set up on. Ill try that.

I had very little intention to dedicate the hours and hours it would take to play 5 or 6. I heard they had more problems. Are they worth it, though?
hello
Stanleyor

Return to XILS V+ Support