Xils V+ audio demos

Exchange presets, tips and tutorials on how to make sounds with the XILS V+ synthesizer

Xils V+ audio demos

Postby Ingo Weidner » Mon May 27, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi,

i had participated in the V+ beta test and already published several audio demos at KVR. As they get easily "lost" there i am posting those demo here now
(others could feel free to add their own demos here):

I have prepared some audio demos from several Xils Lab V+ patches that were created by myself and most of them will be included in the factory presets.
No external FXs (also no compressor) have been used if not mentioned explicitly.

------------------------

Here are two demos using a V+ Strings patch with maximum Release time (second example is identical with one octave lower using the octave range selector in V+):
Xils V+ - Long Strings 1
Xils V+ - Long Strings 2

The V+ Strings patch in this demo uses maximum Attack and Release times:
Xils V+ - Slow Strings

Here are two demos using two Vox/Human voice patches with maximum Release time:
Xils V+ - Long Vox 1
Xils V+ - Long Vox 2

The V+ Vox/Human voice patch in this demo uses maximum Attack and Release times:
Xils V+ - Slow Vox

Those two patches are using a layer of the Strings and the Vox/Human voice sound:
Xils V+ - Strings + Vox 1
Xils V+ - Vangelis Layer
In the first example the Modwheel and/or Aftertouch is used for adding vibrato. I the second one the Modwheel could reduce the volume of the Vox sound and aftertouch could add vibrato.

------------------------

Here is an audio demo using the Strings ensemble and the Arts Acoustic BigRock Phase Shifter (= Small Stone Phaser emulation) and 50% dry/Wet amount:
Xils V+ - Strings + Big Rock Phaser 1

This is the same demo with the Phaser at maximum Dry/Wet amount:
Xils V+ - Strings + Big Rock Phaser 2

In this demo the same track is re-rendered using the built-in Phaser (built-in Reverb added too):
Xils V+ - Strings + Phaser 1

-------------------------

For my first "experiments" with the V+ Vocoder i have used a single instance of the V+ FX plugin and the Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V plugin as the Vocoder input. The patches used for the PPG 3.V are part of my own commercial bank for it.

Here is a first audio demo using a single instance of V+ and one instance of PPG Wave 3.V as the input for the vocoder:

Xils V+ - PPG goes V+ Part I

This uses the vocoder (in "Water" mode) + Strings in the lower part and both the Male8 and Female Choir ("Human voice") in the upper part. On both parts a small amount of the direct Mic input is added.
At the beginning of the track i played the lead sound above the limit of the upper part so only the direct mic input is played there (which also seems to work above the limit of e.g. the Strings).
The internal Reverb was used in this example and no external FXs were added.

A second example that uses a single instance of V+ and two instances of PPG Wave 3.V as the input for the vocoder:

Xils V+ - PPG goes V+ Part II

This uses the vocoder (in "Water" mode) + Strings in the both parts and the Male8 Choir ("Human voice") in the upper part. On both parts a small amount of the direct Mic input is added.
The internal Reverb and the internal Phaser were used in this example and no external FXs were added.

------------------------------

I have also tried to combine V+ with a sound from a hardware synth, in this case a Bass/Lead sound i had created on my Moog Slim Phatty:
V+ vs Slim Phatty - Part I

This is a single instance of a V+ Strings patch and a single instance of the Slim Phatty. The Bass/Lead sound usues ValhallaVintage Verb as an external FX and the Stillwell Audio Bombardier Buss Compressor is used
at the master bus.

UPDATE:

I made a few more audio demos based on patches i made for Xils V+ and patches i had created on my Moog slim Phatty:

V+ vs Slim Phatty - Part II

V+ vs Slim Phatty - Part III

V+ vs Slim Phatty - Part IV

Like in the older example (see above) this is a single instance of a V+ patch and a single instance of the Slim Phatty. The Lead sound uses ValhallaVintage Verb as an external FX and the Stillwell Audio Bombardier Buss Compressor is used at the master bus.

Additionally in the first example the Arts Acoustic Big Rock Phaser is used.

------------------------------

UPDATE:

Long time ago (around 3 years) based on my factory sounds for the free Tactile Sounds Substance i created an audio demo inspired by "Crockett's Theme".
Now i have re-rendered this using both Xils Lab V+ and Xils Lab Oxium which also includes the drums:

Crockett's Theme - V+ vs Oxium Remix

This song and the sounds are not intended to be an exact copy of the original.

The song uses 4 instances of V+ (Strings + Choir sounds) and 6 instances of Oxium. 3 instances of Oxium (Mallet sound, Lead, Bass) are my own sounds and the remaining 3 are drum sounds based on factory sounds (one of them slightly modified). No external FXs were used for this, also no compressor.

-------------------------------------

Here is the screenshot of an Ableton Live 9 setup for using another synth (PPG Wave 3.V) as an input for the V+ vocoder:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... up%201.png

This setup was used for one of me audio demos.

There are 3 GUI sizes (1400, 1200 and 1000 points width) that could be selected from the options menu. The GUI in the screenshot is the biggest one used at a 23" screen with 1920 x 1080 ("Full HD") resolution.

Have fun,

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Re: Xils V+ audio demos

Postby Ingo Weidner » Tue May 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Ingo Weidner

Re: Xils V+ audio demos

Postby Ingo Weidner » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:06 am

This was posted on KVR already:

Hi,

i started doing some tracks/demos that only use Roland synth emulations and also Roland FXs were possible.

The first track of that kind is based on TAL BassLine-101, Xils Lab V+, Arturia Jupiter 8V 2.5 and Pink Noise Studio Deeplight for Kontakt (length 9:45, Lead sound starts at around 1:50):

Journey To The Land Of Ro - Part I

The track is recorded "Live" which means no overdub and also no further editing afterwards.

Details about the instances and additional FXs:

1.) Lead:
TAL BassLine-101 (= SH-101), patch: "BR Horny 101 IW" (included with my free collection)

external FXs: TAL Chorus LX (mode I), TAL Dub-3 Delay, Valhalla DSP ValhallaVintageVerb

2.) Pad 1:
Xils Lab V+ (= VP-330), patch: "STR Slow Strings IW".
external FXs: Arts Acoustic Big Rock Phase Shifter (= Small Stone Phaser emulation)

3.) Pad 2:
Arturia Jupiter 8V 2.5, patch: "Mellow Strings 2 IW" (same as in a few posts above).
external FXs: TAL Chorus-LX (mode I, moderate amount)

4.) Pads 3 + 4
Pink Noise Studio Deepflight for Kontakt (= D-50) in Kontakt 4,
patches/presets: "DF Fantasia" + "DF Arctic Vox Pad".
No external FXs used.

No additional mastering FXs (e.g. Compressor etc.) used.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Xils V audio demos

Postby Lionajob66 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:13 am

Thanks for the Demos

I cant wait till you put your own here...

I would like to hear the ARX rhodes and Wurly as well as some FM.
Lionajob66

Return to XILS V+ Patches and general discussion